sabato 6 dicembre 2008

6th December

Day of St Nicholas If you know someone called Nicholas or sth similar you can congratulate them to their nameday today ;)

Or maybe you are searching for another way of showing some appreciation to people around you? You could try sending real paper christmas cards to them... I find it so nice each year you find a card from a friend far away, of whom you haven't heard in a while and you realise they still didn't forget about you. To me this is quality contact, so much better than all this facebooking, just because it is so real.

The only thing about this game is to not write just to get a letter back (but I guess this is valid for all kind of gifts you give). But then, if you think of it, it's not a big problem when you write just because you feel like it :)

5 commenti:

chivchila ha detto...

ha! how nice :) Thanks to you Andrejs didn't forget to wish his father happy names day :)

Žāūčō ha detto...

When I was in Australia, I sent a couple of postcards to my granny (to my mom as well), cos they make her day or even a week, but take just a bit of an effort from my side. Then I thought - why shouldn't I send one to some of my friends as well? But then I realized that I don't know any addresses of them and to ask an address beforehand themselves, letting know my purpose, seems a bit odd :).

vienuolika ha detto...

hehe ;)! i'm glad it was useful!

with people's addresses it's a bit of a problem. but it can be resolved rather easily, either by just asking them some day, not promising to write anything and post to them once they forgot about it.. or you simply keep your eyes open for street names and house numbers once you visit them ;)

Žāūčō ha detto...

I bet you didn't keep track on mine (giggle)

vienuolika ha detto...

no, this is true... :) it wasn't exactly obvious and i also don't remember if you sent it beforehand. i just remember your brother's phone number.. (in the email, not in my head :P )

Free Rice

Free Rice
Play, improve your knowledge, and feed starving people.